大作文:35分钟
阅读:每篇20分钟,总共70-75分钟
新阅读:20分钟
翻译:20分钟
完形填空:15分钟
总计175分钟,最后5分钟检查答题卡是否填涂正确。
第一部分:阅读理解题答题技巧
技巧1:与众不同者往往是答案
These two academics use an array of behavioral research to show that the most rewarding ways to spend money can be counterintuitive. Fantasies of great wealth often involve visions of fancy cars and extravagant homes. Yet satisfaction with these material purchases wears off fairly quickly. What was once exciting and new becomes old-hat;regret creeps in. It is far better to spend money on experiences, say Ms Dunn and Mr Norton, like interesting trips, unique meals or even going to the cinema. These purchases often become more valuable with time—as stories or memories—particularly if they involve feeling more connected to others.
21. According to Dunn and Norton, which of the following is the most rewarding purchase?
  A. A big house   B. A special tour        C. A stylish car          D. A rich meal.
点击看答案解析

答案中A:一幢大房子  B:一趟特别的旅行 C:一辆时髦的车  D:一顿丰富的大餐
这四个选项中A\C\D都是物质类的,只有B是与众不同的,所以在此题中答案就是B,不要怀疑,不信你综合上下文去看看。
It is far better to spend money on experiences, say Ms Dunn and Mr Norton, like interesting trips, unique meals or even going to the cinema.
这里只是把Trip换成了tour,如果你没选对,纯粹就是因为单词量太少!
注意unique meals≠A rich meal,不要想当然!
再来一题:
Some are skeptical .Steve Malanga of the conservative Manhattan Institute notes that Newark has deep social problems: over 60% of children are in homes without fathers. The school system, taken over by the state in 1995, is a mess. But there is also some cause for hope. Since Mr. Booker was elected, there has been a rise in investment and re-zoning for development. Only around 7% of nearby Newark airport workers used to come from Newark; now, a year, the figure is 30%.Mr Booker has launched a New York-style war on crime. So far this year, crime has fallen 11% and shootings are down 30 %( through the murder rate looks likely to match last year’s high).
49. Mayor Booker’s effort against crime seem to be ______
A. idealistic       B. impractical     C. effective          D. fruitless
点击看答案解析

题目是问:Mr.Booker努力阻止犯罪的行为看起来怎么样?
A:理想主义的   B:不切实际的  C:有效的 D:无效的
这道题也是考词汇量,看A/B/D都是表示消极意义的词,只有C是积极意味的,所以选C,再者看原文:以我加粗的“But”为分界线,前面讲的是城市有很多不好的事情,后面讲的是Mr.Booker当选后很多事情都有了好转。那么自然说明,他上任后的措施是行之有效的。
技巧2: 对比的选项中有一个为答案
Why is learning less important than a higher grade-point average (GPA)When we are threatened or sick, we make conditional promises. “If you let me pass math I will…” Lord, you get me over this before the big homecoming game I’ll….” Once the situation is behind us, so are the promises. Human nature? Perhaps, but we do use that cliché(陈词滥调)to get us out of uncomfortable bargains. Divine interference during distress is asked; gratitude is unpaid. After all, few fulfill the contract, so why should anyone be the exception. Why not ?
57. The sentence “Once the situation is behind us, so are the promises” implies that ____.
  A. students usually keep their promises
  B. some students tend to break their promises
      C. the promises are always behind the situation
D.we cannot judge the situation in advance, as we do to the promise.
点击看答案

首先看看选项中是不是有两个相似的答案,但是意思却全年然相反:A/B,A说学生们通常会信守诺言,B说有的学生往往不会信守承诺,那么一正一反,哪个才是答案?
回到原文去找,记得无论前文说什么,表明什么态度,一看BUT就是反向答案!
uncomfortable bargains?Divine interference?这两句话看不懂没有关系,看到After all(毕竟)这句话,After all, few fulfill the contract
a few 表示一些,few表示几乎没有,不要弄混了!
所以就是 毕竟,很少人可以履行承诺。所以答案选B。
技巧3:主旨题往往含有文中主题词或高频词。
  Today, we are much more rigid about immigrants. We divide newcomers into two categories: legal or illegal, good or bad. We hail them as Americans in the making, or brand them as aliens to be kicked out. That framework has contributed mightily to our broken immigration system and the long political paralysis over how to fix it. We don’t need more categories, but we need to change the way we think about categories. We need to look beyond strict definitions of legal and illegal. To start, we can recognize the new birds of passage, those living and thriving in the gray areas. We might then begin to solve our immigration challenges.
  30. The most appropriate title for this text would be.
  A. Come and Go: Big Mistake              
      B. Living and Thriving: Great Risk
    C. Legal or Illegal: Big Mistake      
      D. With or Without: Great Risk
技巧4:选项中含有不确定含义的词汇时,优先选为答案。
含义为“不确定”的词汇:may, possible, nearly, some(某种), certain, not enough, not necessarily, not the only
  This rule is meant to address the difficulty that students from impoverished or chaotic homes might have in completing their homework. But the policy is unclear and contradictory. Certainly, no homework should be assigned that students cannot complete on their own or that they cannot do without expensive equipment. But if the district is essentially giving a pass to students who do not do their homework because of complicated family lives, it is going riskily close to the implication that standards need to be lowered for poor children.
  22. L.A. Unified has made the rule about homework mainly because poor students.
  A. tend to have moderate expectations for their education
  B. have asked for a different educational standard
C. may have problems finishing their homework
      D. have voiced their complaints about homework
第二部分:写作预测
小作文写作历年真题看规律:
2010  感谢信+邀请信
2011  祝贺信+建议信
2012    投诉信
2013  通知+邀请信
2014   询问信
2015  通知,告示
2017 回复 邀请信
2018  致歉+建议
2019  建议信
备考建议:
感谢信---投诉信---拒绝信(辞职信)----询问信----建议信
【感谢信模版】
Dear____,
I am (身份介绍). I am writing this letter to express my heartfelt gratitude for your priceless help/hospitality during 某活动/my stay in 某地
First and foremost, as a direct result of your efforts, I have been bale to finish the task efficiently/make up the loss timely/enjoy myself thoroughly. It was really kind of you to extend your assistance to me./I was thrilled with entertainment you provided. (自己发挥具体帮你做了什么?)Without your help, I am afraid, I couldn’t have achieved anything/have been still in a mess. What impressed me the most was your righteous morality and optimistic personality. You are really a gem of a person to know.
I hope I have the opportunity of reciprocating your kindness, and I will be most honored and pleased if I can entertain you/host a banquet in your honor in the near future. I am looking forward to meeting you next time.
Yours sincerely,
                                                          Li Ming
【投诉信模版】
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am (身份), a user of**/customer of **/resident in ***. I’m writing to express my dissatisfaction with your awful/terrible product/service.
My complaints mainly lie in the following aspects. 产品On the one hand, I was extremely shocked that the product was found of poor quality/unlike what you claimed in the advertisement since the day I bought it.
服务 I had been kept waiting for an unbearable long time until I received my service, and the manner of your staff was far from satisfying.
环境 The *** has long been a headache in our neighborhood. Worse still, it shows signs of deterioration recently.(具体问题)
On the other hand, despite my repetitive complaints, the department concerned seemed to have attached little attention to it. Feeling disappointed, I demand that the issue should be solved/tackled as soon as possible.
I would appreciate it if you could take my complaints into serious consideration and make efforts to prevent recurrence of the problem. I am looking forward to your early reply.
【拒绝信/辞职信模版】(也可以看作是对邀请的拒绝)
Dear ****,
      I am Li Ming writing on receipt of your letter. I really appreciate your cordial offer to the position/activity. I cannot be more appreciative of the opportunity you offered to participate in ***.
   I am quite reluctant to inform you that I won’t be available for the activity/job. The foremost reason is that*** is not in line with my specialty/expectation; therefore, it would be unwise for me to engage in/carry on what I’m not good at. Worse still, I have been assigned an urgent task by my university, which deprived me of the time and energy to accept the offer. To make up the inconvenience/trouble/loss I cause, I’d like to recommend Mr. Smith to take my place.
Again, I must apologize for having to decline your kind offer. I wish you continued success in the future.
Yours sincerely,
                                          Li Ming
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立刻注册

本版积分规则

QQ| Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| 师哈哈 |网站地图

Copyright © 2019-2025 Www.biiyy.Com.   All Rights Reserved.